pinterest meta

Tuesday 7 May 2013

Telling My Daughter ...


I just came out to my daughter. Due to situation I had to do so via FB, but with circumstances as they are (hers & mine) it was the best I could do. I hope she understands how important it is to share my life - even from a distance - with her.

<rant>
I had to submit a "name change" notification to my ex (legal reasons and such) and left express instructions that for the time being, it was to remain between me and her as I was going to tell my daughter once she is more settled (they just had a major change, city, schools and works).  So of course she left the paperwork hanging around.  I was given heads up by my daughter's social worker about her "being mad at me" because she felt I was not being honest with her.  I hated not coming out since day one, but we only were re-connected last year after being out of contact for over 10 years - I wanted her to know me for me before she judged me for trans* or other wise.
</rant>
*crossing fingers for positive response*

No comments:

Post a Comment