pinterest meta

Friday 30 August 2013

Heading to Family doctor

Loootttssss to update him on .... soo much has changed.

Started HRT, official name change, asking him to sign off on my "change of gender" paperwork. I lost a smaal person in weight (getting official weigh-in) and have small (perky?) breasts .... (perky at 42 yrs old is pretty good :) ).

Also talking aboug "big D", "Deep Russian", ... what ever cutesy name hou want to tag on it .... DEPRESSION.  Chronic disability, loss of work, loss of "identity" (not name change or transitioning, but rather lack of being productive ... relying on help to get by month to month).  How the vain have fallen.

I worked /only/ for top IT companies,.  If you were a headhunter in Toronto or Denver (and a few other courting places), you knew my name and wanted me on your teams.  Sure my head was swollen, but I had amazing numbers to back it up (success rates,  closed rates,        hen used my money to start my own company ... my retirement/transitioning nest egg.   Back blew, lost everything..... and was devastated.  You might hear it in my voice, I never fully recovered from that blow.  10 years passed and I am finally starting.

Updated name (wooo hooo), even got him to sign off on documentation for gender marker change!

Pretty successful,  but I am seeing he is wayyyyy out of his comfort base and with me (his secretary is even more strange about it).  I asked for a blood work request, so I could get a "snapshot" on how things are doing, and he had no clue what to ask for.  Looks like I have to wait til my next endo appointment.

On way there and back, cab driver (I had licence pulled because of morphine) was great - 'ladies', correct pronouns and all ... even if problem with name discrepancy on billing info - "you don't look much like a Sean").

Pretty good day, but it was a draining week - too many appointments too close together.

No comments:

Post a Comment