pinterest meta

Tuesday 20 August 2013

Thoughts on Art

Sonya has always been an artist.

While following male mode, she was lead a stray with computers, technology ... but did so as a teacher or support - helping people calm down in sometimes worse day of life: student losing paper, companies down because of technical issues, that sort of thing.  but the more she got into technology, the more she lost herself.   due to back injury and meds, my life has changed.

I have been out of the game sooo long, I know I'll never be able to catch up - it has been 10 years since I lost my company.  I don't want to go back though ... constantly changing tech can be difficult to grasp, and since I did it all (laptops, computers, servers, thin-stations, Internet, and even consumer interfaces - drivers for cameras and such).  I'll always be part geek, hey all our computers run Linux variants,  but it won't be my life, again.

I went too long without creating anything creative.  Websites were to a point, but I didn't WYSIWYG (graphical), I coded it, back end with a text editor ,,, not creative.  with my injury and high meds, I was a zombie, for years ... had to make some difficult life choices,  shake off a lot of stuff, but I started to regain my life.

I started small, exploring with "nail art" (a few people actually look forward to my new looks) outrageous make up designs (Pride eyes) ... all starting to wake up the right side of my brain.

Recently my mind has been going places it hasn't in decades ... seeing images I NEED to get out, techniques I have never used, styles of works I have never considered .... days (8.8.13) I started painting ... again.  seriously, with purpose, not forced or coerced,  for the first-time since I started university in 1990!  Sonya.Artist is waking up and fulfilling her destiny.  As Sean in teens, she was an early accomplished painter and multi media creator - not computers, but incorporating unique items like actual strings in a painting of a Spanish guitar ... could actually be strummed.

I have one project I MUST do ... a recreation of a piece that was one of last I did in old life ... actual painting done with Q-tips/pointillism of a Manet painting.  my old one was huge (feet by feet) this one is more reasonable and off to decent start (planned, blocked and starting painting).  it has to be done in layers, overlying features of the landscape (my paintings are rarely flat), where the grass and hill meets the sky, there is a slightest change in physical depth of Paint, and as I work down - people, fence, horse and riders, all slightly higher than the previous layer ... should be interested.  I am still hampered by back pain ... it has actually kept me away from the canvas in past few days ... but that just means I have to work smarter ... and keep the fire kindled.

No comments:

Post a Comment